- The Black Forest Pack Axe is compact, lightweight, and easy to carry while trekking through the wilderness. It is beautifully crafted with a traditional wide bit German woodworker blade.
- The wide blade makes this axe exceptionally well suited for cutting work, and its compact size makes it a highly versatile and dependable packing tool. While this axe is most efficient at cutting, it will handle the splitting work required by your wilderness adventure.Comes with our standard top grain cowhide 6-7oz leather adjustable sheath or optional Deluxe full head leather sheath.Blade Width:105mm | Head Weight:700g | Gross Weight:900g |Handle:50cm
- Please beware that we aged verify all Knife and Axe purchases. So please Do Not Order if under 18 years of Age.
- Please note before purchasing this product you need to confirm your age below and send us a copy of your ID to email@example.com.
- The ‘Outdoor Hatchet’ is our entry level hatchet and is the perfect basic camp tool. The lightweight 500g head is ground and polished to a highly reflective finish that reduces friction when cutting and improves rust resistance, and stamped with the Helko Crown. The very nearly straight 35cm handle is of fine Swiss Ash and hand finished with a light lacquer to protect the wood. The hatchet comes with a full head leather sheath with belt loops.
- The Classic Journeyman is Helko’s solution to the quest for the ultimate wilderness pack axe. A cross between a hatchet and conventional axe, this pack axe is designed to be lightweight, compact, and easy to carry while trekking through the wilderness. The weight and length allow for either one or two handed use, and it is equally capable of both cutting and splitting work. The Journeyman is the perfect all-purpose companion for the backpacker, camper, or woodsman. The butt end, opposite to the blade, can be used for light hammering and is perfect for striking in tent stakes. Comes with our standard top grade American cow hide 6oz leather adjustable sheath.
- You Must be 18 years of old to buy this productHead Weight 700g / Gross Weight 900g / Handle Length 50cm
- The Classic Pathfinder hatchet is perfect for backpackers, campers, and general backyard use. The butt end, opposite to the blade, can be used for light hammering and is perfect for striking in tent stakes. Comes with our standard top grade American cow hide 6oz leather adjustable sheath.Head Weight 600g / Gross Weight 900g / Handle Length 38cm
- The Black Forest Spaltaxt is a German-style splitting axe with a dual-wedge head design that delivers highly effective strike force for increased splitting efficiency. The “not too heavy” 2kg head is hung on a robust 70cm handle making it the perfect all round splitting tool. Comes with our standard top grain cowhide 6-7oz leather adjustable blade sheath.
Few axes are more iconic than the American ‘Double Bit’. Double bit felling axes spread across America during the 19th century when the logging industry was still reliant on axes for felling trees.
Traditionally, one bit was used for heavy work that was prone to dull the blade, while the other had a finely-honed edge and kept in reserve for fine cutting. The beauty of double bit axes is that the user has the option to profile each blade differently. May use one edge for splitting and the other for cutting.
COLLECTION FROM STORE ONLYAge Confirmation :£205.00