Wey Farm Outdoors Introduction to Fly Fishing
- Fly fishing
Our aim is to introduce fly fishing to absolute beginners and help to make it accessible to everyone.
Fly Fishing offers shared experiences in wonder and adventure for friends and family. Exploring something wild and making a unique connection with nature is an inspiration. The practice will take place at the 8-acre lake at Wey Farm Outdoors.
If you’re looking for a great way to get together with friends or family, attend our class and try a new activity. Fly fishing is a sport the whole family can participate in. All ages are welcome and if you’re lucky enough to be under 16 you must be accompanied by an adult.
Was born and raised in the Kennet valley at Bucklebury, He is a very accomplished fly fishing guide and winner of the “One Fly Competition”, a true country man, Stuart spends his summers guiding, teaching people to fish and looking after a renowned syndicate fishery on the River Lambourn.
Studied sport fishery management and fishery science at Sparsholt for 4 years. Whilst working for Orvis guided on some very prestigious beats of the Rivers Test and Itchen. He currently works as Riverkeeper on the Avington estate where he has been for the last 6 seasons, looking after over 5 miles of the river Kennet.
The plan of the day
- 10am start in our Tipi for a brief intro and welcome, Cup of tea etc.
- Go over different techniques, fish ID, tackle, fish ‘lingo’ etc
- Show different bugs we are trying to imitate with flies.
- A couple of hours ‘theory’ then break for lunch.
- Go through setting up the tackle
- Communal demo, One Instructor will be casting while another explains the principles.
- Split into small groups and head to the water for a hands-on practice using an Orvis demo rod, (You may even catch a Trout)!!
We recommend attendees wear head protection such as a cap and eye protection such as glasses or sunglasses during the casting session. Please bring your pack lunch or picnic, we will supply tea and coffee.
If you do get (hooked) and want to keep on fishing! We will have a selection of Orvis Tackle, available to buy on the day, along with Fly Fishing Flies Tied by Our Instructor Stu Tanner.
Date: 17th or 18th July 2021.
Address: Wey Farm, Guildford Rd, Ottershaw, Chertsey KT16 0QW
Price: Adult £98
Under 16 (accompanied by an adult) £60