Savotta Jaakari Reppu Rusksack
The Jaeger backpack is an improved model of the Light Border Patrol backpack originally designed for the Finnish Border Guard. Genuine user experiences have been taken into account in the design of the backpack and the best of the many ideas have been sewn together to make the Jaeger. The Jaeger is more than a normal daypack. The many details and extensive MOLLE webbing make the backpack a truly modular and versatile tool. Due to its slim shape, the backpack will not be in the way even in cramped spaces and is ideal for skiing and hunting. In its size category, the Jaeger is a sturdy backpack to carry. The internal support frame holds the Jaeger firmly in shape. With the compression straps of the bag, even a pack that is not full can be tightened so that it sits firmly and does not jiggle around.
- Dimensions approx. 55 x 27 x 20 cm, max volume roughly 30 litres. Weight roughly 2 kg.
- Large main compartment, covered by a tightly shaped flap and waterproof drawcord collar.
- The flap is a floating lid, it can be raised from the neck if you need to overpack the pack or carry large bundles on the top.
- Inside the flap is a zipper pouch for valuables etc.
- The main compartment is also accessible from the side through a long zipper, making pulling out those little trinkets quickly so much easier! The zipper has two pullers so you can open it from any point, bottom, middle or top.
- Side compression straps with quick side release buckles, compresses the pack to a neat package when half full. These can also be used to strap extra kit to the outside of the pack.
- Both sides have open pockets on the bottom for securing axe handles, poles etc. These also work for small canteens and flasks, just secure the neck of the bottle with the compression strap.
- Two webbing loops on the bottom of the back for securing long shovel, pick or axe handles.
- The straps that close the top lid also run around the bottom of the pack, this helps compress the pack from all sides and also take some of the strain off from the (incredibly tough 1000D Cordura) fabric.
- Attachment points for utility sraps on the bottom. Excellent place to lash a sleeping mat or bag to.
- Hydration bladder mesh pouch on the inside against the back. Fits a Source WLPS bladder perfectly.
Hydration tube or antenna ports on both sides of the top of the pack.
- A removeable plastic back support plate in it’s own compartment. These are no Matty Mattel craptastic plastic, the same plates have been used on the “Kevyt Rajapartio” pack for decades without problem.
- Very comfortable, firmly padded back. The straight lines and “boring” rectangular pillows might not look media sexy but they perform very well!
- Carrying handle on the neck.
- Anatomic shoulder straps with removeable sternum strap. The shoulder straps have attachment loops for gear such as hydration tubes.
- A simple yet very functional hip belt with side release buckle. Attachment points for small gear. The belt can be stuffed behind the back pillow when not needed.